Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Unexpected Ode


Ode to the cold spot in my bed
You stand alone all through the day
About twelve hours until I come again
When I do come back
You provide me with the best comfort
Sometimes you make me too warm
But whenever I roll over to that cold spot
That you keep the perfect temperature for twelve hours
I fall to a deeper state of comfort
And for that I thank you
You cool me down when I over heat
And awaking me when I am to cold
You’re like a perfect thermostat in my bed

2 comments:

  1. i think this ode is interesting in the fact that it's a spot on the bed. I wonder if you heat the spot will there be other cold spots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, this would be a seasonal ode :) I don't sing the praises of the cold spot during this time of year. This time of year, it makes me yelp! :)

    ReplyDelete